Thursday, January 22, 2009
Quack attack
I enjoy taking my kids to the pond and feed the ducks. A few days ago, I was not feeling sick so I quickly put them in the car and drove there. It was hard to find a parking spot but after a few rounds around the block I parked right across from the pond. The pond was full of ducks and we were so excited to feed them. As soon as I threw the first bits of bread all the ducks from the pond came to us and eagerly waited for more bread as they loudly quacked. Gavin was a little startled by the loud noises so he just stood still, as I threw the bread and dropped some crumbs around us the ducks started closing in and pretty soon they were pecking on my boots and too close for my kids comfort so Ethan and Heidi started screaming and running away and the ducks just started to chase them. Some geese were there and were almost as tall as Gavin; I was amazed by his reaction. He did not cry, he just stood there immovable. I had a good loud laugh at the sight of ducks chasing my kids, I had to pick them up and stand them on top of a bench. Suddenly, I noticed a police car next to our van, so I ran towards it with the kids. To my great horror, I had gotten a parking ticket. Apparently I was supposed to park at least 20 feet away from the end of the road. I was steaming mad. A perfect fun afternoon ruined by the parking Nazi that gave me the ticket. At that point I decided to end our spoiled afternoon on a sweeter note so I bought some doughnuts and chocolate milk. It was sure fun while it lasted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment